Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

On The Hook - The Future of Towing

• 2 weeks later...

Towing, as a whole, will never acquire or keep the highest quality operators until as a whole, they provide benefits, guarantee time off, enforce safety standards, and promote training and education. There are very few companies that provide medical insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation. These benefits are very costly. Many companies are too concerned with price matching the competition than they are in concentrating on the cost to run a legitimate business operation. I swear, many owners remind me of over the hill whores whose main focus is what Cinnamon around the corner is charging and who she is doing. Your focus should be building a stable, customer focused business. Focus on your niche, and exceed the expectations of your niche. I was stranded a few years ago, out of town, and called for a wrecker. A service responded and sent a truck that could have doubled as an ashtray. The driver had a sleeveless shirt, arms covered in tattoos,  trucks was dirty. I was also traveling with my dog, an Australian Sheppard. The driver quickly commented that the dog could not ride in the truck. I told him that the truck was so filthy neither of us would be riding in it. I told him to just go. You could smell cigarette smoke five feet from the truck. We waited for another company to send a truck. The second truck was clean, the operator was uniformed, and after a reasonable discussion we agreed that Wilbur would ride in the cab with us. Why, oh why, are you so afraid to charge a reasonable rate to provide for your employees? Many of you LOSE, yes LOSE money with every call because you want to be the cheapest in town! Your goal should be to be the most profitable. Do not be concerned with Cinnamon, be concerned with your operation. 

• Like 2