Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Lil' Vac truc

Topic Originally created November 2006:

we do a fair amount of towing for this company they have like 90 pickup trucks and a few other 1tons and 2tons but they also have 5 vac trucks that help pay the bills. this is there small one still plenty heavy. let me know if you would do anything different

towjob008.jpg

towjob006.jpg

towjob005.jpg

towjob004.jpg

towjob002.jpg

towjob005.jpg

burdasig.jpg

Berts112 said:
very professional and detail intensive hook up. lucky that's one of the old fords with the short hose reel they can be a real bugger on the newer ones. awesome job.

hookin29 said:
Only thing I would do different is on pic #5 is put the little spring back onto your saftey chain hook to prevent it from falling off!!! other thAN that I do them the same way
riehlstowing.jpg

David said:
Only thing I do differently is I hang the rolled air hoses and extra light cords from my cable hooks. Gets them out of the way and looks neater.

Bulldog1635 said:
why use chain and binders? i prefer straps around the axle

Towaholic said:
i don't like my hooks hangin' in the wind i roll my cords and hoses up and bungee them to safety chains but they don't always cooperate when its 10degrees outside.

I took spring latch off long time ago just seem to get in the way. there not going to fall off (knock,knock) i prefer chains over straps when they are long and heavy probably just preference. I know the straps are rated for it but they tend to slid a little to much for me.

what else you guys got did you notice the strap shackles around springs do you do that too?

burdasig.jpg

MTA415 said:

Was gonna mention the strap shackles but you beat me to it. Its a guy here that does that but he painted them red. He says so he don't mix them up with the ones he uses with his straps which makes sense to me. I'm the same way with chains, I have tow chains and I have recovery chains and never the two shall meet.

I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand.
CIRTbanner3.gif

BEAUMANS GARAGE said:
I personally never thought of the shackle. You got me there I dont know why but never hit me .

As for the chains I like the straps better. Just my preference. Easier to handle and I have never had one move on me.

Nice hook p and a job well done to you sir. And way to remember to clamp the brake buddy to the peddle.
Jr
tow411banner.jpg

Archived