Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

MR. BIG

Jamie Dougherty

Topic Originally created Oct. 2008:

This unit was purchased brand new by my Grandfather in 1980.

The Chassis is a 1980 Autocar DC series with a 400 Cummins and a 5x4 Trans with 58 rears. The working end is a WELDBUILT 40 Ton wrecker. The front drag winch is a fully Hydraulic 35000lbs winch the rear is a Braden 100000lbs. The booms extend Hydraulically and power raise and lower with Hydraulic powered winches.

She was a MONSTER in her day. This is what I learned to drive and do heavy recovery with.

MRBIG1.md.jpg

MRBIG2.md.jpg

MRBIG3.md.jpg

MRBIG5.md.jpg

MRBIG4.jpg

JAMIE DOUGHERTY
JANEWAY TOWING

Dallas Horton said:

I can see alot of green in the future for Mr. Big

hpgtowing said:

Hey Buddy... I like it... I like it.... What will it take to see it in red/white? Thank you for coming last week.... I really enjoyed talking with you? Be safe... Steve

Karlstowing said:

jamie thats a sweet looking old a car would be nice all redone ..................................................................................
john

Doug "with Danzi at the time now NTB" said:

I think you should make it a tribute and Restore it , Look's Like a Freight train!

Nullstowing said:

That truck is truly amazing in pictures...But let me tell you it is even better in person, I had the opportunity not to long ago to see that truck. It is SWEET. The history on the truck is even better, still having that truck is just awesome!!! Can't wait to see it all fixed up.

Bambarger said:

Dont let my dad see this truck, He will be wanting to buy it. Check out my post of our autocar. That truck looks very mean!!! Heath Bambarger

Jamie Dougherty said:

Thank you guys for the good comments.

Heath I am looking at a card I have on my desk from the Florida Show that has a GMC General With A BRO on it Do you guys still have her?
JAMIE DOUGHERTY
JANEWAY TOWING

Bambarger said:
yeah Jaime we still have the general with the Bro. My brother was on a call in the peterbilt yesterday and a tractor trailer call came in so i went in it. You know anyone interested in buying it? Heath Bambarger

FMS Mike said:
How am I not Suprised Steve wants it! What a brute!
------Michael Vibert-------
farmsig2-8.jpg

Archived