Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Just when I thought they couldn't get any worse Agero slithers to a new low!

ProTower

I just got a disputed credit card from Agero from back in November! This was for a well documented GOA with them providing the card as payment for the GOA in Towbook. I provided the credit card company with full documentation but they still sided with Agero and took the money out of my bank account.

I have asked them to have the representative for the region to please call us to settle the contract dispute from a year ago to no avail. The vendor advocacy group is merely a way to dodge reality and deal with us "pee-on" tow companies.

They still keep calling all night long with calls that are 50-75 miles away they want me to accept for $50-75 dollars. I blocked their main numbers from calling us but the dispatchers have started using the cellphones to get through to us.

They are now paying another company in my town 3 times what they were paying me to do their calls. Some special kind of stupid there for sure.

This company runs like a communist government.

Edited by ProTower
  • Thanks 1

Mark

21 hours ago, MTtow said:

If a company or person disputes a credit card payment they will never get service from me again. Do you have the contact info of the vehicle owner? 

Ditto on that for me too.

I should have contact info; what are you thinking?

• Like 1

Mark

@ProTowerExactly the reason why I don’t deal with motor clubs anymore. The good news is that you received this through Towbook. I am part of their group on Facebook and their team will contact the motor club for you to help get you paid if the call came through as an out of network call. Maybe they can still help? There were two people that posted there the other day and Towbook helped them both get paid. 

• Like 1

I'm curious.  What credit card was it?  The reason that I ask that years ago, we towed a guys car for snow removal four times over a period of a couple of weeks.  The guy was a moron.  How many times would you have to get towed before you got it through your thick head that you couldn't park there?  I was in the habit of accepting credit cards for police tows.  I never had a problem with that because I would make a color copy of the driver's license and both sides of the credit card on the same sheet.  That was never legal.  But it was the only way that I would accept plastic for police tows.  Otherwise- cash only.  But this customer used American Express.  AMEX is a big advocate for their customers- the card holders.  And AMEX does not give a rat's ass for any merchant.  I was notified that all 4 transactions had been denied.  It took over 4 months of corresponding back and forth with AMEX.  In the end, I had to get a copy of the city parking ordinance, showing that there was no parking on that street during the winter, and send it to them.  After 4 months, I finally collected the money from AMEX for all 4 tows.  AND I NEVER ACCEPTED THE AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD FOR ANYTHING EVER AGAIN. I never had any issues with MasterCard, VISA, or the Discover card.  But the people who run AMEX are scumbags.

• Like 1

Just about every year, a bill will get filed in the Massachusetts legislature that, if passed, would require towing companies to accept credit cards for payment of towing and storage.  The problem is, there are no provisions that we can take to protect ourselves against fraud.  I agree with a previous poster.  If you get burned by someone with a contested credit card transaction, you shouldn't be required to take that scumbag's credit card again.  My personal policy is that anyone who burns me in any way will get no service from me ever again for life. 

That guy who fraudulently burned me for $1365 worth of damage that didn't happen while attempting to unlock his Porsche last August will never get another bite of the apple from me.  And a few years ago, my service truck blew a power steering line, rendering the truck very difficult to drive.  So I returned to the shop, moved most of my equipment from the service truck to my own personal pickup truck, so I could service the last two road service calls I had.  I arrived at the customer's house.  He started ranting and raving that my pickup truck did not have a name on it.  In my haste to get back out on the road, I neglected to put my magnetic signs on my truck.  He asked me 5 times "what do you have to say for yourself?"  After the fifth time, I told him that the service truck broke down, and I rushed to get another truck on the road to complete my calls.  He said that I had no excuse to fail to put signs on the truck.  I changed the tire, and went on my way.  When I attempted to submit the invoice, I discovered that the P/O no longer existed.  When I inquired to dispatch, I was told that the customer complained because my truck had no name on it (which is illegal, technically).  And he wanted me punished.  So they canceled the call, and I was paid nothing.  About 2 months later, I got another flat tire call at the same address.  I told dispatch that I was unavailable for service.  They called back 2 more times, pleading with me to help the guy.  I said I wasn't available.  Finally the guy called me himself to remind me that he lived in my area, and I was obliged to service him.  I told him that I can refuse to service anyone at any time for any reason.  He disagreed with that.  He asked why I wouldn't service him.  I told him that maybe he shouldn't have filed a complaint about the lack of lettering on my truck.  As complaints go, that one was pretty lame.  And that was the last that I heard from him.  I get very few customer complaints.  This one surprised me. 

As for me, in my own private life, I rarely complain about anything.  If I got a lousy meal in a restaurant, more than likely, I would just pay the bill and be on my way.  I probably would not go back.  But I wouldn't make a stink.  A couple of years ago, I got a bad haircut from Great Clips.  I have been going to Great Clips for years, and I have always been satisfied.  I did not tip the stylist who gave me the bad haircut.  The next time that I went in, that stylist tried to get me to let her cut my hair again.  I told her that I would wait for the next stylist.  And I also told her that I wouldn't let her cut my lawn.  The next time I went in there, the other stylists told me that she had been fired because of numerous customer complaints.