Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Old tow truck..

Tow411

Topic Origially Created by an unknown member in 2008:

I found this not long ago and I know it is still there. I'm sure this is to heavy for my roll back or I would have bought it by now. Anyone have any idea what this may weigh? Anyone near Springfield Missouri coming near Rockord that wants to haul this...lol let me know. Note: This is from 2008

101008A.jpg.81834ba8accdf5863a5fff8dea8facef.jpg

101008B.jpg.5f81cdfa571042b04e77824b712f4bf4.jpg

101008C.jpg.0ce9af325a281ae5474e7f2b4ece8fc9.jpg

Ameritowruston said:

You had better jump on that and get it. Those trucks are very hard to find and when you do find one it will be expensive, believe me. I just bought one that is just a little newer and it is posted on here take a look at it. If you don't get it let me know and I will buy it. It more than likely is a little heavy for your truck but I would find a way to go get it. Find a buddy with a gooseneck and use your truck to load it. That is how I went and picked up mine. That would be a great truck to restore and it looks like it is in pretty good shape. Hope you buy it and restore it back to its original beauty. I would say 5000 to 7500 pounds on weight.
Thanks
Brad

Unknown Member said:

I thought it might be heavy not to mention top heavy. I just don't want to go through scales and have an issue. I'm going to call and make sure it is still there. I found this like 5 years ago and it was still in the same spot a few months back. And it's cheap! Thanks for the response.

Jerold Howland said:

Tell us more about it please. Year,make and model ,can't wait.

Ameritowruston said:

I agree to that I would like to know the year and size of bed. I would definately jump on that truck if I were you. I would love to find that truck or one similar around me. All the old stuff around me is gone. I believe it is a chevy but it may be a GMC. Correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks
Brad

spanky said:

'41 thru early '47 Chevrolet COE's were this body stye. Looking at the channel style front bummper, I'm going to guess '46, or '47 model. Can't tell what type of wrecker unit, is on the back.

Unknown Member said:

This is a GMC I'm pretty sure around a 46 model. I don't know what unit is on the back and I have yet to reach anyone today at the number I have. I will keep everyone posted and yes I plan on grabbing this soon. I thought it would be nice to restore for our local parades and advertisment of the shop.

spanky said:

The only way this truck is a GMC, is if a Chevy front clip was added later. This truck definitely has a Chevrolet COE Hood, & grille setup. '41- early '47 GMC's had a lower grille with horizontal bars. Chevrolet used the vertical grille bars like this one. I've owned two Chevrolets like this. Check out the following link, IMAGE LINK BROKEN

Unknown Member said:

Spanky you right. I was just assuming it was and well we all know where that gets us...lol. All I knew was it was cool and in good shape. And that I wanted it. Just had to figure out how to get it back so I never really studied anything else. Thanks for the link and the help.

TOwBoY88 said:

Hey Al, if you are not going to buy it...? Let me know. I am going to Jeff City, Missouri next weekend.

Jhns tw said:

Good possibility it's a factory built rig because in the first picture it looks like a ID plate on the mast. It would make a nice restoration job, I'd jump on it quick.