Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Critically Injured 01.28.22 (NM) "Updated 02.05.22"

TowNews

Tow truck driver critically injured in hit and run on I-40

A tow driver was cleaning up a crash on foot when he was struck by a driver that fled the scene on Friday morning on Interstate 40 near Tramway....

Rebecca Atkins, an Albuquerque police spokeswoman, said the tow truck driver is in critical condition and the driver that struck him has not been found.

She said officers were called around 9:20 a.m. to the incident on I-40 just east of Tramway. Atkins said investigators learned a driver passed the tow truck before they “swerved into the driver,” who was on foot.

“This investigation remains ongoing,” she said.

Resource Link

Police search for man who left tow truck driver injured

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Authorities are looking for the driver of a flatbed pickup who left a tow truck driver in critical condition. It happened around 9 a.m. last Friday.

The tow trucker driver was responding to a call on I-40 east of Tramway. According to a Go Fund Me page, that tow truck driver was Tom Avent and has been through several surgeries since the crash.

Police are looking for the man who hit him. He was driving a blue and gray older pickup with a push bumper and a wooden bed. The man is believed to have medium-length gray hair and a beard. If you have any information, call Crime Stoppers at 505-843-STOP.

Resource Link

A GoFundMe has raised over $20,000 for Tom Avent who was struck by a Hit & Run Driver last Friday.

TomAdvent.jpg

While responding to an accident for APD on I-40 WB, East of Tramway, on the morning of January 28, 2022 Tom Avent was critically struck by a driver who then fled the scene.

Tom has been a part of our family at A-Albuquerque Towing for the nearly 40 years he has worked here. He is very well known among our tight-knit towing community, as well as various repair shops. Everyone knows Tom. He was very good at his job and over the years has trained many drivers. We often receive phone calls and cards in the mail from customers who want to report on how helpful he was. Tom’s a hard worker, always going out of his way to help, never a complainer, always in a good mood, mild tempered, easy going, and enjoys joking around. He’s well liked by all.

As word spread of his accident, our office has been flooded with calls of concern and well wishes for Tom. He’s already had multiple surgeries with more to come. We are so thankful he is alive, but we know Tom will have a very long road of recovery. Many have expressed a desire to make a financial donation. All funds donated will go directly to Tom. On behalf of the A-Albuquerque Towing family we would like to thank everyone for all of your loving support during this difficult time!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tow-truck-driver-tom-avent-critical-hitandrun

012822A.jpg