Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What would you do "Safety Discussion 14"

TIFW0511.jpeg

carl4tow said:

as long as it stays off the road I don't see anything wrong with it

builder2 said:

If you substitute a truck for the rollback that is normal around here. Lots of hay stack movers around here. Last one I towed was 12 foot wide to the dealer for repairs. Usually a international chassis, don't have plates since it is considered farm equipment and they are rarely strapped down.

rlc4523 said:

well other than it looks kinda ugly he is not over weight. If those round bales are typical they are 500lbs a piece and looks like there are 8 of them on the truck so that is only 4000lbs. even if you add maybe an extra 200-300lbs for decomp if they've been sitting awhile that's a max of 6400lbs. Can't tell if there is a rope running over the top tying them down in this picture which is all any farmer worth his salt ever needs to hold bales in place.

We moved 100 of the small 50lb square bales on our rollbed for a school function one time and if you stack em right they wont move (worked hay fields for 10 years) 2 ropes over the top, front to back, and down the road you go. course it was at a whopping 25mph for like 8 miles. It took me a week to get all the loose hay out of nooks and crannys afterwards though

rreschran said:

I think that using carriers during non-peak activity is a great way to supplement slower periods of automotive towing. We all know when those cycles come and go ... keeping a carrier and its driver working certainly helps to pay the bills. I like it, ... why not?

Archived