Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

HERO: Officer helps stranded Mother & Son (TN)

Woman stranded roadside with her two-year-old son rescued by a Cleveland police officer

Alyssa Hall and her two-year-old son were stranded on the side of the road in Cleveland with a flat tire in temperatures upwards of 90 degrees.

"They were both sweating really bad,” said Bradley Colbaugh, the kind Cleveland Police Officer who stopped to help her and also noticed her other tires were about to burst.

“I think this vehicle is her home,” he said.

With money tight, and not starting a new job until next week, Alyssa couldn’t pay for a tow truck and repairs. That is when Officer Colbaugh came to the rescue.

"I feel like police officers, we do this every day, and it goes unnoticed, a lot of times people are looking at the bad stuff and not the good stuff that we do,” he said.

After taking compassion for the woman and her child, he called his friend Bobby Wilson who is the owner at Finish Line Tire and Automotive. He also called a tow truck and asked Wilson to get her some new tires.

"As soon as the tow truck came, I paid for all of it, I grew up fatherless all my life,” said Wilson relating to the woman’s situation. "She was smiling (after she got new tires),” he added.

"My wife or my child could possibly be in that situation,” said Officer Colbaugh. 

Alyssa spoke to the Cleveland Police Department and they posted her statement on Facebook which said, "You never know the magnitude of how you can change someone’s life through a kind act.”

"I try not to see it as a heroic act. I just try to think of it as doing the right thing when no one is watching,” said Officer Colbaugh.

RESOURCE LINK