Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

1973 oberg tow body

hey everyone new guy here, not sure if I'm on the right forum, but I picked up an old tow truck with an oberg wrecker body on it (1973) and had a question on the big amber lights on top (7" amber lights) and how they operated, just on or off with a switch or light up one side or the other ( alternating I guess) can't seem to find very much  info on these old wrecker bodys so any info is great, thanks in advance 

If the lights are the "loli-pop" style lights, they were usually wired in so they just turned on with the rotator beacon in the middle back in the 70's. ( Picture one of the cop cars from the blues brothers movie. Lol) Then, later into the 70's and 80's some people used to put a relay on them so they would wig-wag or alternate side to side. Lighting back then was more or less owner choice and how much wiring they chose to do.  

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE