Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

The 2020 Kentucky Derby

thtdon

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRyBTHedLSv3xdDE9DAy

Friday, September 4, 2020- The 146th running of the Kentucky Oaks- Coverage to be broadcast on NBCSN from 3:00pm to 6:00pm- @ Churchill Downs, Louisville, KY.

Saturday, September 5, 2020- The 146th Running of The Kentucky Derby- Coverage to be broadcast on the NBC Network from 2:30pm - 7:30pm- @ Churchill Downs, Louisville, KY.

The Kentucky Derby usually runs in May.  But the Covid-19 pandemic caused the race to be postponed until now.  The race will be run without fans in the stands. 

And Louisville, KY is the birthplace of our fearless leader, Ron Parrish.

When you live in the state of Kentucky you see the Kentucky Derby as a big deal. I suppose it's no different living in Indiana and the Indy 500 or Daytona and the Daytona 500 as a big deal. I know there are other big events in other states those are just to two that come to mind quickly.

Today they chose the field for the running of the OAKS a day many locals go to the track. Sure is a quiet week around here with no fans. Protesters are set to march on the track Derby Day. Not sure what the horses ever did to them that Churchill Downs has been labeled as racist by at least one group.

I think it's just an easy target with a long history. That do not realize the diversity of employment the track has seen for decades.