Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tesla Customer non-Service

Rate this topic

TowNews

This appeared on the Tesla Motor Club message board:

Visited my daughter yesterday in LA. About 80 miles from home. Ran over a bolt when leaving. Tire was not leaking but didn't want to chance driving 80 miles with a bolt in the tire.

Got on my app and asked for a tow truck. 5 minutes later got a reply from Tesla saying a tow truck en-route.

5 min later a text asking if I want to use a tire service instead of Tesla Service Center. I asked is this authorized from Tesla?

10 minutes later I got a reply asking if I want to take my car to a tire center. I said OK, where?

10 min later, I got a reply saying that the Service Center probably could not see me as they are booked solid. I said what should I do?

15 minutes later I got a text saying that they can send a 'tire truck' to my house in the morning to fix tire. $96 to fix tire, or $395 for a new tire. I asked them if they had been reading my replies?

I AM 80 MILES FROM HOME. I need to take it to Tesla service center (literally 1.5 miles away). 15 minutes later I got a reply saying that they are booked and best they could do is come to my house tomorrow. I gave up and called BigO tire 2 miles away. Tesla never responded. Drove slowly to BigO and 10 minutes and $35 later I was back on the road.

Continued poor customer service - sad to say I would never buy another Tesla until they get their act together.
PS, Im one of the few that actually has a lemon and have had nothing but charging and 'auto' driving issues.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/customer-non-service.193509/

• 11 months later...