Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Opinion on AAA Regional Organizations

TowZone

I Created this topic in June of 2008:

I find that even though many lump AAA as being one organization it is actually made up of many different clubs. AAA National does not dictate what they pay service providers, is that an accurate statement?

Fairway said:

I'm not sure on that one Ron. But, having been contracted with two different clubs, I have experienced great differences first hand. The one club paid bonus for eta's, paid a decent fuel surcharge, paid extra money for go-jacks/skates/dollies, even paid an extra $4.00 to jump a car instead of tow it, also an extra $1.00 per call for using their digital dispatch. The other club is still way behind, no extra money other than the base rate plus miles. No extra money for special equipment or extra labor, they don't even have direct deposit yet.

ctmodern said:

I know of two clubs in the north east that pay completely different rates, i think that would be proof of your statement. by the way i'm a back-up provider for the higher paying one and still can not afford to do run their calls. just have not made the official phone call yet.

unknown member said:

I am not sure if AAA National has anything to do with rates or not. I do know that there were over 50 different AAA Clubs when I started here a year ago. I do know that some fo the smaller clubs have consolidated with the larger clubs recently. For instance AAA Northeast consolidated with ACSC (Automobile Club Southern Cal), CSAA (Cali state Automobile Assn) has consolidated with clubs in montana, utah, arizona, and colorado recently. As far as I know each club is independent of the others. Thats how some clubs will tow anything and others are sticklers to the rules.

Auto Rescue said:

It seems accurate to me but then again I assure you that they made sure I have no idea what I'm talking about when referring to them

cdntowguy said:

Working for the little brother up here(CAA) my club pays a differnt pay scale depending on where you are in the area( we have a very large part of a very large province)-
I dont believe the national office dictates what rates to pay.
But I do believe they dictate what kind of service has to be provided, and sets the standards that has to be met.(AAA sets the minimum standards)
Each club is separate and distinct from each other but are working under the "umbrella" of the national organization.
Steve