Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Terra-gator tow

Topic Originally Created on Tow411 in May of 2017:

bdc6f12f22403d5b36315a194f54bf0c.jpg7399c09e09695a729edbf761a13ba68f.jpg773d3a039601582f56dfd6587fdcb64a.jpg7293c1b90a1a8457b9144f780b555027.jpg I have done a few of these. I figured I would share how I hook them up. These pictures are of the tear down after the tow. I didn't have a chance to get hook up pictures because I had to load in the field. I center it up on my under reach. ( it was loaded with 9ton) Then take two four foot straps and pull it on two my under reach. Chain and binder to the anchor points on my wrecker. I had just taken my secondary chains off when I remembered to take the pictures. But you can see the eyelet in the pictures that I used. Pulled the drive line and ran air to the tank and made the 30 mile trip at 30 miles an hour.... as you can imagine a lot of people on the road didn't like me. But it's one of my favorite tows to do. Thanks for checking it out.
Sent from my iPhone

Eds Towing tubegreen.gif said:
I'll admit at 1st I thought...WTF? You can agree that it is unorthodox. But I can't find anything wrong with it considering the rest of your explanation. I would originally think of this as a trailer job but you got it done.

dperone tubered.gif said:
As they say, if it's crazy but works it ain't crazy.

mooresbp tubegreen.gif said:
Yes that is how I do them as well.

cooter64 tubegreen.gif said:
That's why I love this site. The new things you learn about every day. Thanks for the pictures and the explanation. Jeff

Archived