Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

FLA show mid 80s

hdtowman65

80sFlaTowShowA.jpg

Dug up a couple. Wonder how many are still around? Rick

80sFlaTowShowB.jpg

80sFlaTowShowF.jpg

80sFlaTowShowH.jpg

80sFlaTowShowG.jpg

80sFlaTowShowI.jpg

criger.gif

Spanky said:
That KW COE, is "SWEET" ! I'd like to have that.

Joe Driscoll said:
I can tell you the maroon volvo is still around. I just had it refurbished last year. The truck is still really strong and a great winch truck.
I don't know how to post pics or i would show you how it looks today. I'm really enjoying these old pictures. Thanks for posting these.

Joe
driscollstowing.jpg

Rotator60 said:
I remember that show very well. It was held at the Twin Towers. Great looking trucks. Joe did you say in another post that you still have Joes Jewell. Your Father always had beautiful trucks. See you at the show.
Scott Hedgcoth

Showtime93 said:
thanks for the pics, they were some sweet trucks. I've got some ,need to scan them and post
Harvey Spencer
University Towing
Gainesville Fla

Da Wash Boss said:
yes yes yes on the kenworth cab over. thats a sharp looking truck.

Danny Cassello
East Hartford, CT

Joe Driscoll said:
Scott i still have the H475T that was on the GMC in the another post but i put it on a 1986 international. The International was supposed to be Kauffs but they wanted a automatic which i believe is the truck in this post. My truck was there that same year.

When i figure out the pictures ill post some of the old trucks even though this shows how old were getting.

driscollstowing.jpg

JRHD34 said:
Last time i knew of Bill & Wags in Riverside CA had that COE KW, does anyone know what happened to that ford.
JR

unknown member said:
the black freightliner with the century 1040 is still owned by andys towing in st cloud mn.

blacktruck said:
What about the Marmon with the twin boom body, does anybody know if it's still around?

geartow said:
driscolls truck with i think a bro bed sure is stout looking ! and joe what is the twin boom make on the marmon?

jrtowman said:
Well my dad says without a doubt that was the year the first integrated came out from Atlas Wrecker Beds because if you look in the last picture you can see the red autocar constructor series with the 40 ton Atlas on it he drove it from charlotte and they used it to demonstrate the lifting capacity of the integrated
towbanner2.jpg
Kyle Hodges

Geartow said:
i think integrated wreckers can about in the 70s

towvts said:
Those are good old trucks!! Thanks for sharing. Gerry

jrtowman said:
yes they did but not TRUE integrateds they were bro wreckers from over seas and they only had one winch and it did not have a extendable boom
towbanner2.jpg
Kyle Hodges

Archived