Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow truck crashes into wall of Chandler home

TowNews

CHANDLER, Ariz. (FOX 10) -- It certainly was not the way anyone expects to start the week. One East Valley family was left picking up chunks of their debris after a tow truck hit a wall and crashed into their home near Ocotillo and McQueen roads on Monday.

Police say the driver of the truck was heading northbound on McQueen Road around 1:30 p.m. when he veered off the road and crashed into the guest bedroom of the house.

Authorities believe the driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel. Fortunately, the driver only suffered a few minor scratches and no one inside the home was hurt.

Although the homeowners decline to speak on camera, we spoke to neighbors in the area who tell us the crash looked like a scene from a movie.

"Looked out my front door and saw some bright lighting behind the house across the street from me and there was a bright flash of light and then a whole bunch of police officers up here with lights going on and I didn't know what was going on until this morning when I saw the damage," said a woman who did not want to be identified.

The damage the crash left behind is extensive. Not only collapsing the wall of the bedroom and punching a hole through a cinder block wall, but also knocking two transformer boxes off their cement foundations and wiping out the power in the neighborhood for hours.

"I heard some rumbling. I was wondering if it was an earthquake. I noticed there were no lights on in the house."

The family is already working to repair the damages to the home.

No names have been released in this case.

RESOURCE LINK with video

Archived