Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Ideas on tool box storage

Andy

Outfitting the new rollback. Need ideas on organizing my boxes. 

I have the ability to weld, bend and machine aluminum or steel for shelves, dividers and pockets. But really just don’t know what I want. How to build better storage on the top of the boxes for things as well. I would like to incorporate a draw from a tool cart in a couple boxes if I can find the time. I have a roll cart to steel parts from. 

some pictures would be great 

The passenger side will have three boxes total of seven feet the drivers will have two boxes totaling five feet in front of the rear wheels. 

Behind the rear  wheels im hanging a 24”wide by 14” H  14” Deep box that will house rear tie down stuff that will make for quicker access. My thinking is a lot of jobs I will know what I need before I land on some busy highway. I’ll load that box with them making my loading faster and get me off the road quicker. I expect this box to get hammered with road spray but I’ll move gear in and out of it as the job requires , I was thinking I would drill a couple holes in the bottom and rinse it regularly. But maybe it wont be that bad. We have a lot of dirt roads. Dirt rain snow and ice roads. Everything behind the rear tires is subject to a hard life.