Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowTimes.com - First Things First

TowTimes

stress-meter.jpg

On a day-to-day basis in the towing industry, we are all pulled in many directions and asked to do many different things, which sometimes makes our stress level reach an explosive level where we are angry, short-tempered and not nice to be around.

I’ve been in the office only one day in the last two weeks, and with the mess on my desk of so many things that need attention, my anxiety level is at a 10-plus, but today at a Zoom meeting with some fellow tow ladies, I was reminded to take a deep breath and put things in perspective with the saying, First Things First.

The worry I was feeling about not getting anything accomplished was almost paralyzing. Those simple yet great words of wisdom finally gave me concrete direction to move forward.

I found some great quotes with regard to worry:

“Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment.”
– Dale Carnegie

If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you didn’t ask me, I’d still have to say it.”
– George F. Burns

“If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.”
– Dean Smith

“Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do, but never gets you anywhere”
– Erma Bombeck

When you begin to worry and feel overwhelmed, take a deep breath and do first things first, and as the song by Bobby McFerrin says: Don’t worry, be happy.

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com