Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

1954 Ford Holmes 525

TowZone

Topic Originally posted by Paulie 417 in January of 2007:

I learned to tow with this truck in the late 70's.
It was retired in 1995

brusselsgarage.jpg

Spanky said:

Now that's "AWESOME". Is it still around? Any more pictures of it anywhere? Antique Holmes Wrecker, & a COE. You can't beat that combination.

Is the '54 ford COE still around. Looks to be a "Big Job" C700, or C800, with Air Brakes. I know of a Farmer that has a '54 Ford C800 COE Flat Dump, that's still in use, near my job. I also meet a nice '51, or '52 F800 flat dump, along Hwy 70, in Greensboro alot, on the way to work.

Paulie 417 said:

Spanky, As I remember the truck was a big job 700 W/juice brakes. It scraped in 1995, upstate NY road salt did it in.

Spanky said:

The reason, I said Air brakes, is it's looks like it has a Air Horn, on top. Did it have a Holmes Tow cradle, on the back. I've got a Holmes 525, on a '53 Chevy COE. Thanks, for posting this picture.

michael212 said:

Wow That is a cool pic. If you do run across more pics Do post. I am Kinda like Spanky, but I'm a Ford guy. No offense Spanky. It's just that we hardly get any old ford pics....

Check out the Double Front bumpers. I have one like that with 3. That was popular to do back then.

Thanks For sharing.
Michael 212

sigmichael212.gif

Ed Barker said:

Thanks for sharing,really neat,,,,its no wonder they ran it for 41 years ,,,,,

they were towing for AAA,,,,,,,,,

banner4.jpg

Da Wash Boss said:

Thats a nice truck!!!!!!!
Danny Cassello

Underdog said:

Great old picture. Please post more if you have them.
Stay safe, Rich

Paulie 317 said:

Hello! I found this pic. today I repainted It for the owners in 1980 I wasen't crazy about the red wheels but rule #1 Boss is always right !!!

brusselsgarage2.jpg

Archived