Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Geri Roskopf's Blog - Magic Wand, Superhero Cape or Flying Tow Truck

GeriRoskopf.jpg.a71b9a2766e9123d1cd16e1c

From Geri Roskopf's Blog

It was 4:15 last Friday afternoon. I received a call from a woman who needed her car towed A.S.A.P.

She needed to get the vehicle to a dealership within the next half hour because she didn’t know if the service department closed at 5:00 because of St. Patrick’s Day.

She also said she needed a car because she had many things to do. One thing she mentioned had me a bit puzzled. She needed to visit her sister because she just learned her sister had a heart attack three years ago. Huh?

I advised her that because of the holiday, and late Friday afternoon traffic, I would not be able to get her vehicle towed to the dealership’s service department if they indeed closed at 5:00. She started yelling and said, “You’re a 24-hour towing company, aren’t you?  I need someone out here right now!” With all of her ranting and yelling, I couldn’t a word in. I get it, she was upset. I finally told her to call the dealership to see how they could help her.

I try very hard to help the motoring public in a timely manner. But sometimes I want to tell them that I, and my employees, do not have a magic wand, superhero cape or a flying tow truck (although that might be coming in the future). Lots of factors figure in timing such as traffic, time of day, construction and weather.

If anyone is selling a superhero cape, I’ll buy it. I think it would be a good addition to my uniform.

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com