Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow Truck Struck One Dead - 02.13.23 (GA)

TowNews

Woodstock man killed in crash on I-575 in Holly Springs

331082632_958299288486160_2032078287556037038_n.png.f65178ab4b6c0ba607c9f535de637a8f.png

Authorities are investigating the cause of a crash in which a man died on Interstate 575 in Holly Springs.

According to Holly Springs police, a white passenger car struck a tow truck stopped in the emergency lane on I-575 northbound just north of the Holly Street bridge.

The driver of the white passenger car, Craig Brown, 37, from Woodstock, was pronounced deceased on the scene, police said.

The driver of the tow truck was taken to Northside Cherokee Hospital for minor injuries.

The Cherokee Sheriff's Office has been asked to help with the investigation, which remains ongoing.

RESOURCE LINK

-------------------------------

A Statement from Mauldin Body Shop & Towing reads:

We are very thankful for all the prayers & calls for our driver. He is ok but very sore. Thankfully he had just sat down in the truck and was not at the rear when it was struck. I am sorry for the family of the driver that did not make it. The move over law has to be looked at more closely because this is happening way too often with the industry.

-------------------------------

The accident happened at I-575 north near Holly Street Bridge, just before Holly Springs Parkway, according to GDOT 511.

HOLLY SPRINGS, Ga. — One person is dead after a car went under a tow truck Monday afternoon in Cherokee County, the Holly Springs Police Department said. The accident happened along I-575 northbound near Holly Street Bridge, just before Holly Springs Parkway, according to GDOT 511. 

Holly Springs Police identified the person who died as 37-year-old Craig Brown of Woodstock, Ga. Brown died at the scene.

Authorities said the car went under a tow truck, which was picking up another car on the side of the road. The two truck was stopped in the emergency lane. Holly Springs Police said no one else was injured. 

Police said the interstate was shut down for nearly two hours but was able to reopen shortly after 4 p.m. The crash is still under investigation.

RESOURCE LINK