Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowTimes.com - A Note to Salesmen

TowTimes

A salesman showed up the other day and wanted to talk to who takes care of our vehicle maintenance. I usually have them talk to my husband, but he was out on the road so I introduced myself and advised him I would give my husband the brochure and business card he had.

He started to give me his practiced sales pitch, and just when I was ready to let him know – again – that I would pass his information along, my husband returned and stopped in my office.

I introduced the salesman to my husband, and briefly explained what he was selling.

Oh boy, what a difference in the salesman’s manner after my husband showed up.

It was like they were the best of friends. The salesman reached out and shook my husband’s hand with a big smile on his face. He started talking like they were best buds — and then his “language” came out.

I was totally ignored, and not given another look.

After a few minutes, another handshake and a “I’ll be in touch,” the salesman left. I could tell by their conversation that my husband was interested in the products he was selling, but before he could leave my office, I advised him: “We will not be buying anything from him.”

The look on my husband’s face was priceless. He didn’t understand where I was coming from. I explained that as soon as he walked in the door, I was put on the back burner, and when the salesman didn’t have the decency to watch his language, it was disrespectful to me as a woman.

Listen up salespeople: Just like Aretha Franklin sings: “All I’m asking is for a little RESPECT.”

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com

• Like 1