Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowTimes.com - Do You Have the Passion?

TowTimes

I attended the Towing and Recovery Hall of Fame induction ceremony for the class of 2022. I can attest to the fact that it is a very fast-paced, emotional and humbling weekend for the inductees and their families, as I was inducted into the class of 2018.

Each inductee is given a few minutes to speak at the induction dinner. All of this year’s speeches were very moving, but one in particular struck me with one word that was used: passion.

I would like to share a portion of the speech given by inductee Luc Le Baron of Brunoy, France.

“The big day is finally here. The day where the shared passion for a profession reaches its apex. To begin, let me share with you my definition of what a tow truck operator is.  The tow truck operator knows that his days will sometimes be endless. With nights that get interrupted at the first phone call and that end up with no sleep. With virtually nonexistent weekends and holidays, the tow truck operator faces the music whatever the time, the weather, the condition and the risks. In some way, he agrees to put his private life on hold in order to give the entire stage to his professional life. All in all, he is a special kind of individual who is driven by one thing: passion.

“Speaking of which, passion is the engine that led us to the creation of our association — proud to be a tow truck operator. A group of men and women who are all equally proud of their profession, and who, together, share this common desire to make it more known, to promote it, so that it gets the level of respect that we feel it truly deserves. A group that also strives to improve safety conditions on the road.”

I could not have said it any better than Luc. Members of the towing and recovery industry, do you have the passion?

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com