Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Anyone have input on the Gm 6500 4x4

I’m looking at options for a towing rig. Not a roll back but for gooseneck fifth wheel and bumper pull type work. Eventually for long range transport towing. Tiny houses, three car trailers boats things like that. I currently own a Chevy 3500 dually that could fit this need to sone level but I’m in a position to sell that truck and move up in truck size. Which later on may not be as easy as it is now, 

one thing that continues to drive me nuts is the de rated trucks. I’ve found a new 6500 locally. But it’s been de rated and the de rated specs are just stupid. I understand when they derate one to keep it under CDL class ( maybe I understand, It still bothers me I can’t find a 33,000 pound roll back without waiting a year or more) but why derate one below that spec. I need to get some actual specs on this truck next week maybe the one sales guy who was on site late last night was not sure of its specs. He might have had the wrong information but he thought my one ton might actually have a higher GCVW spec? But looking at the online specs the 6500 could come with a higher capacity. 

beyond that and back to my main question what kind of feedback do you guys have on this truck. Thanks Andy