Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Bill's Service Vintage Wreckers

TowZone

BillsA.md.jpg BillsB.md.jpg

Da Wash Boss said:

NICE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That gmc is nice but the autocar thats nice also. Two nice old trucks. So retiredtowman your profile says wallingford, ct. are those trucks from that area as i have never seen them before and i am pretty darn good with Connecticut towing history.
Danny Cassello
TRPC - East Hartford, CT

localtowee said:

Nice Autocar.......That certainly has a look to it and the front bumper would make it fit in somewhere i can think of...

FMS Mike said:

Great looking CT Iron!!! That A-Car is a Hoss!!
------Michael Vibert-------
farmsig2-8.jpg

Unknown member said:
The Autocar was a custom built unit, based on a Holmes 750 head frame, with Weld-Built custom built body, booms, and drag winch. State of the art 35 years ago. 220 Cummins, I think 6 speed and 4 speed auxilliary. Bob Parkers Pride and Joy. I dont think we ever had to use scotch blocks with that truck, it was so goddam big and heavy it would just quietly sit there and drag whatever was attached to it back. I remember towing in a west coast tractor trailer, and making the turn under the canal street railroad bridge, took six lanes!

Admin Note: I will continue to add images of Bill's Wreckers as I find them on the old message board.

Unknown member added image of Bill's Chevy:

Bill's Service 1980 Chevy C30 Holmes 550. I missed out photographing a lot of beautiful trucks back then so if any of you guys have photos of any 1970's & 1980's Stamford wreckers please feel free to post them. Thanks in advance.

Bills3.md.jpg

Archived