Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

# of rings on phone dispatch

TowZone

Topic Originally posted by George Geissinger March 2012:

For those of you that are on phone dispatch how many think they are getting screwed around on how many rings they give you? I grab the phone sometimes on 3 rings maybe 4 and get "CLICK". Maybe they hear 5 or 6 on there end but not me. I know when I call people I give it at least 10. My PM's answer is "make the best of it". there rules are geared for the big people with someone sitting at the phone waiting to grab it.

WEBOSLH said:

My hands free head set will ring 10 seconds of which it opens and I talk. Regular ring is set for 30 seconds. If I "happen" to miss a ccmc, or agerio call, they will call back at least three times..then I know the low baller can't or won't do the non-profit-out-of-town run.(of which I won't either.)

towmanjax said:

Truer words have never been spoken, the argosi system is geared for the bigger companies and punishes the little ones.

Dodgetowguy134 said:

I am also aware that they (CCAS) uses this to skip over providers to get to another provider on the list, they onle let it ring for 2 or 3 rings and then disconnect and then that counts against you as a "missed call" in the performance rating system.

Goerge Geissinger said:

I'm quite sure if you could run the numbers more jobs ore done by the small guys than the bigger ones if for no other reason as there are more small guys without a full time dispatcher and a fleet of trucks riding around.
I think my accetpance rate runs about 20-30%. No way am I driving 40 miles for a jump or flat tire at there rates.

Charlie Amann said:

3 rings and thats it with them

George Geissinger said:

one time they tell me 5 one time 6 some times I hear 3 or 4. I think they would get more service with 10.

George Amann said:

We have 24/7 dispatch and it rings 3 times. I did manage to get the phone out of my pocket and answer it in time twice this AM, once to be offered $1.00 a mi for the return on a med duty tow and $20 for ret on a 35 mi rollback ride.
My acceptance rate should be way down but so should my losses.

agreed our dispatches have been cut in half by them because i guess we charge too much. now less calls making more profit. its weird having a life again. rode my harley all day yesterday. thanks

Archived