Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Geri Roskopf's Blog: Happy Mother’s Day

GeriRoskopf.jpg.a71b9a2766e9123d1cd16e1c

From Geri Roskopf's Blog:

I was in a Hallmark store the other day, and everything was geared toward Mother’s Day.

I burst out in tears, because both my mother and mother-in-law have passed. There was a clerk there who saw my tears and asked if she could help. I explained to her how it hit me that I don’t have to buy a Mother’s Day card or gift this year. Well, we both ended up crying and telling stories.

Mother, mom, mommy, momma. Different names for the same, special person. I often wonder if I was the best mom to my kids, especially because of the challenges I faced with owning a towing company.

There never seemed to be enough time to get everything done between home and work. I can’t count how many times I told them to be quiet while I answered the phone, or while their dad slept after being out all night towing. I know my impatience and frustration showed way too many times because of how tired I was.

Just like the towing industry, being a mom is a 24/7/365 profession. In my opinion, being a parent is one of the hardest jobs in the world, but the most rewarding too. I would not change the “job” for anything.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the hard-working women in towing, and thanks for all you do to keep the home-front running smoothly.

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com

• Like 1