Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

OneRoad is Agero-Swoop!

DodgeTowGuy134

Recently we've been receiving calls from Agero-Swoop telephone numbers that we have stored in our phones and the dispatcher identifies themselves as working for "OneRoad" and not for Agero-Swoop....even though the telephone number comes up in our caller ID as Agero-Swoop, so I did some digging and found out the following: 

This may simply be a "training issue" for new-hires that are incorrectly understanding how to identify who they are calling from, where instead of understanding that Swoop is the dispatch platform, they instead say that they're calling from "OneRoad" 

As you may recall, Agero (formerly Cross Country Automotive Services) had purchased the Swoop dispatch platform (a software company that had competed with Omadi and was really just a method to grab and collect massive amounts of information, but I digress) and after they purchased the Swoop dispatch platform, they rebranded to be Agero "powered by Swoop" although it's one in the same company still. I've found out that "OneRoad" in one of their various INTERNAL dispatch/computer systems. They have the Swoop software, plus their NGP system ("Next Generation Platform") that is their "work (dispatch) from home job opportunity" in response to the Covid crisis and uses a USB to run their software on the new hire personally owned computer . So apparently the OneRoad software is one of their internal dispatch management systems that allows them to have dispatchers work from home, that also handles VCC, instant messaging with supervisors/team leads, etc, compared to the Swoop dispatch system that runs internally on the computers that are housed in their call centers (Texas, New Mexico, MA, etc.)

So if you get any calls from a dispatcher saying that they work for "OneRoad" is IS Agero-Swoop...... The name is derived from their corporate address: 1 Cabot Road, Medford, MA 02155

~ I'm not an attorney, nor do I represent to be one. I provide my personal opinion and that on behalf of myself, my company and our operations.

• 2 weeks later...

I have encountered this with the dispatching services in other industries as well. Either they are trying to operate a shadow company that is one in the same to mislead people or they are leasing out their dispatching services to another company to small to do their own dispatching. Either way they all get treated the same.