Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow Truck Stuck - 01.24.22 (ME)

TowNews

Troopers pursue driver who hit tow truck on I-95

HAMPDEN, Maine (WGAN) State police say a driver accused of a striking a tow truck and leading police on a chase on I-95 will face criminal charges.

Shannon Moss with the Maine Department of Public Safety says the driver hit a tow truck at the scene of a crash on the interstate in Hampden on Tuesday afternoon.

She says the driver didn’t stop, and continued heading north even after going over spike mats. The driver at one point spun out and started driving the wrong way on the interstate.

A Trooper was eventually able to stop the vehicle. The driver, who police were still trying to identify on Tuesday afternoon, was taken to the hospital to be evaluated while police investigate.

No members of the public were injured, including the tow truck driver.

Resource LInk