Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

How I spend my nights

Not a lot of tow providers here go and do some of the winch outs and recoveries I do last night I think I hit my what should be my limits. I did learn a few things that will make things easier for me in other recoveries. For sure if this type of work continues to be the norm any way, 

i estimate I winched this car about a mile and a quarter. Four hours of dragging winch rope and moving the truck up the hill. Chained the wrecker up all four corners finally drug out all my chains and bought myself some room from the car. I used two snatch blocks off of some shrubbery to help get me get the car around two of the corners and turned the car around at some point so it was pointed forwards had to do this on one of the corners where there was less of a chance of it sliding into the drainage ditch or off the very steep bank on the downhill side of the road. I think that was the hardest part because there just wasn’t room to turn it around down in the steep area. Yeh the steep part is far beyond the end of that picture. 

if you look at the small reflectors way down there that was about the 3/4 mark there were two tight corners beyond that. The roads name Horseshoe bend road after i got out of the canyon I had seven miles of dirt not gravel road till I hit pavement. Truck’s getting washed today. I underbid this a little even though I thought I had overbid it. And I am about the money. I still made money but it was something else when I got there. I knew I could get my truck out so I made the decision to try. Four months ago I was a lazy roll back operator that didn’t take any risks. Last month I seem to be finding new limits to what I will do. I have lost eight pounds since the first snow fell. Had this stupid thought when I finally hit the highway maybe i should get a heavy wrecker drop calls like this and start unsticking semis from the highway. I need to kill that thought fast;) I think if I had two 4wd wreckers after getting past the first two corners I could have hooked the trucks together put a driver in each and put the car on the wheel lift and gotten out but there wasn’t enough traction with the car loaded to get in motion with out sliding off the road most of it the wrecker barely got up on its own. I can tell you the back up camera and 11” display I paid a hefty price for continues to be worth every cent 

you will have to expand this picture look way down the road for the reflectors there were still two nasty corners beyond that where the car I pulled out finally got stuck. The car was a Chevy equinox front wheel drive. Gotta ask yourself what people are thinking. 

B18ACE8D-6CBA-4919-B781-EFF016E082D5.thumb.jpeg.b69e2ace00bc2514f7f8019f0e36a09f.jpeg

• Like 2