Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowTimes.com - I Don’t Have Time

TowTimes

I was on a Zoom meeting and one of the participants said she didn’t have time to sit down and read her Tow Times magazine. She said there were about six issues sitting on her desk and that she much preferred scheduling time to read digital content. Another meeting participant agreed, and said statistics show more people prefer to get their information online. I was like…. not me. I like sitting and reading through the print magazine while sipping a cup of coffee. It’s not the same experience as staring at a screen.

I understand there is an unmistakable move towards digital in every aspect of media consumption. I think because most people spend time online every day, digital media plays an important role in how they get their information. Looking at digital content is appealing to some because, as my friend pointed out, it’s all about “time.” Plus, one could argue that digital is cheaper and immediate, and can reach a larger audience, and printed material is perceived as unkind to the planet.

But I would argue that for me, reading a printed magazine has an emotional attachment to it. I find it easier to read and concentrate long or complicated text on paper. I prefer printed material more than digital for trusting facts. I like that I can look at the content, go to the featured sections I like to read first, and if I have to put the magazine down, I know I can always come back later and pick up where I left off.

Lucky for me, print magazines will not be going away anytime soon, and I’m sure Tow Times did their own surveys on how their subscribers prefer to get their magazine because, lucky for my friend, they offer a digital magazine — keeping all of their readers happy.

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com