Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowTimes.com - The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

TowTimes

When Thanksgiving arrived, I immediately turned on the local radio station that plays Christmas music. My husband said, “bah humbug.” Not so much to be like Ebenezer Scrooge from A Christmas Carol, but for him, it was too early to hear Christmas music. Not for me.

While I like listening and singing along to songs like “Jingle Bells,” I know that for those of us in this industry, at times it’s not the most wonderful time of the year. Extra work may put a bit more in the bank account, but when Mother Nature decides to drop more than several inches of the white stuff, it seems you just don’t have enough trucks or tow operators to take care of customers in a timely manner, equipment seems to break down, and the list goes on. It also adds more stress — missing lunch or dinner, long hours, and getting soaking wet in freezing temps – not fun.

We also need to be sensitive to those who have lost a loved one, or are facing hard times or serious health issues. How can you think it is the most wonderful time of the year when so many things are pressing down your spirit of joy and happiness?

The message of this season is one of love, joy and peace – gifts freely given to us, and which we must freely give to others. We’ve all faced so many challenges in our lives, businesses and country, and I believe it’s important that we not only make an extra effort to make this the most wonderful time of the year for ourselves, but for others as well.

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com

• Like 1