Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Long Story Short: Long gives citations to wife, tow truck driver for road rescue

TowNews

Delegate Bob Long presented his wife, Rose Long, and Victor Appolonia, Jr. from Baltimore Towing, citations for their heroism for saving a family from an overturned vehicle during the summer. Both were driving through the area when they witnessed the accident in Dundalk.

Three people were trapped inside after the accident and gasoline was leaking from the vehicle. Victor and Rose had to force the driver’s door open so that the driver could exit the vehicle.

Rose assisted two children through the trunk of vehicle and continued to render aid to the passengers until the paramedics arrived.

“I saw the car flipped over and ran over to see if there was anyone still in the car. We started to pull on the driver’s door when we realized that there were two children coming out of the trunk area. We quickly helped them out and ran back to the driver’s door pulling on it, it finally opened, and a woman came crawling out,” Rose recalled about the event.

“We got her to her feet, I moved all three away from the car just in case in would have caught on fire or blew up, I assessed their injuries. A nurse came to render aid, I told her what I had observed, and she took over. I never did get her name, I hope that if she reads this, she will contact Delegate Bob Long’s office.”

Delegate Bob Long thanked both for rendering aid and said he is proud of their heroic act.

Resource Link