Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Geri Roskopf's Blog: - What’s Been on Your Mind?

TowTimes

GeriRoskopf.jpg.a71b9a2766e9123d1cd16e1c

From Geri Roskopf's Blog:

I was happy to see in the October issue of Tow Times with the results of the 2021 Tow Times Fleet Survey, It totally addressed some of the issues that have been on my mind.

The percentage of companies having 2 to 4 employees was 37 percent, which included the owner, and 5 to 10 employees was 27.5 percent. These percentages give a good idea that a lot of towing companies are still mom and pop shops.

It was interesting to see the percentages of what tow company owners were considering for their business for future options. The articled stated “About 46 percent are looking for an exit door, but another 40 percent are looking to expand.”

When it comes to worries, I am right up there with what keeps towing company owners up at night — employee shortage, business climate, uncertain economy, difficulty getting equipment, cash flow, succession and debt levels.

Two other articles in this issue addressed some of these survey results, “Positioning Your Business for Succession” and “Boost the Importance of Operator Training.” I know these issues and many of those listed above are important to tow companies. They were agenda items for the last Wisconsin Towing Association’s board meeting.

What’s on your mind? All of the above I would say.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Towtimes/~4/fHC-WMwtWGk

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com