Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Geri Roskopf's Blog - Be Like Tow Mater

GeriRoskopf.jpg.a71b9a2766e9123d1cd16e1c

From Geri Roskopf's Blog:

Most everyone in the towing industry knows the name Tow Mater or Mater from the movie Cars.

Mater’s body is in the shape on an old 1950’s tow truck and he is a special character from a place called Radiator Springs. Although he may seem silly and dim-witted, he has a vast knowledge of automobiles, engines and towing and is a fiercely loyal friend to anyone willing to give him a chance at true friendship – especially the other main character in the movie, Lighting McQueen.

Tow Mater’s appearance is not a brand new, shiny tow truck — quite the opposite — no hood, missing one headlight and two crooked front teeth, but he makes up for it by being very non-judgmental. While I know appearances are important in our industry, we can take a few lessons from Tow Mater. If a tow truck like Mater showed up to tow your vehicle, what would you think? It’s kind of like “don’t judge a book by it’s cover.”

My office has many Tow Mater items – Tow Mater trucks in all sizes, mugs, ornaments, etc. I often get comments about my collection from people who come into the shop. Some know about Mater’s character (mostly those who have little children) and to some I explain about the character and why and how I have so many in my collection – not just because of having a towing business.

Tow Times magazine has announced the “New Shine ‘n Star” competition with “More chances to make your competitors jealous!” I encourage you enter that tow truck you are so proud of. You deserve the recognition from all of your hard work. While the outside of your tow truck doesn’t reflect anything like Tow Mater, I would also encourage you to be like him in character, especially being a true friend and non-judgmental.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Towtimes/~4/MONtrBDViQY

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com