Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Geri Roskopf's Blog - There’s an App for That

GeriRoskopf.jpg.a71b9a2766e9123d1cd16e1c

From Geri Roskopf's Blog:

I was curious about the word “app,” which is so widely-used today. It seems that whatever you’re looking for, there is an app for that.

Here’s what I found for a definition: App is short for application, which is the same as a software program. While an app may refer to a program for any hardware platform, it’s most often used to describe programs for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. The term app was popularized by Apple when the company created the App Store in 2008, a year after the first iPhone was released. As the iPhone and App Store grew in popularity, the term app became the standard way to refer to mobile applications.

Sometimes I wish I had had an app that would have helped me be a boss when my husband and I started our business — and an app for being a wife and mother while running a towing business.

So many times, the kids and I went to family, school and athletic functions without dad, and so many times celebrations were celebrated without dad because he had to work, or was on call. I hope that at least with mom being there, it helped with the disappointments our kids must have felt.

Today, though, I would use an app to have their dad with us while he’s on call. And while it would not be the same as if he was there in person, at least the kids would know he’s there in video and spirit.

Sending a happy Mother’s Day wish to all of you moms, and thanks for all you do for your family. Guys, while your special partner may not be your mom, tell her thanks for being such a great mom to your kids.

There’s no app to replace what that would mean to her.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Towtimes/~4/UvdzV9g275U

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com