Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Constant troubles getting paid for dollies (RESOLVED)

TowZone

15 Jun 2017 12:47 #1

Central Towing GA Wrote,
Every time we have to use and bill dollies to NSD, they're always rejected. I end up having to spend a substantial amount of time on the phone with a rep who called for a tow asking them to please put "dollies required" on the PO so that WE may see it, not in any hidden, backend files. We ask for reps name and supervisors name with ext numbers. Never seems to matter. A recent tow last weeks was just paid less dollies as usual. It was a RWD car on the interstate. Well, if a W/L is dispatched, there is only one way to tow it away safely and thats using dollies. The most ridiculous statement for why dollies weren't paid this time.....""Not enough documentation to validate dollies." WHAT?!?! ITS STATED CLEARLY ON THE PO ITSELF!

But even if it wasn't, how is the documentation of it our fault? Am I to understand, b/c your employee doesn't document the use, then we magically didn't use them and consequently not going to be paid for them?

Like others have said time and time again, a CC solves all these problems.....649.gif

NSD is the only MC we don't have on CC.

The Next Day:
Spoke with Patrick this morning and he assured us the dolly fees would be on the next pay date. I appreciate him reaching out so quickly. It is a nice change of pace. For others interested or having the same issues, Patrick indicated that an explanation as to why they're needed to the original dispatcher at the time of dispatch should help facilitate proper compensation. We all know most dispatchers dont have the mechanical aptitude that we are required to have, so I see that being a reasonable request. I will update this thread as time goes on with future dolly billing experiences.

A Few Days Later:
Received a call from NSD about this 2017 Mercedes CLS-63s almost 40 miles away that hit a deer on the highway. Requested and explained the reason for dollies (rwd and the fact that the front bumper was pushed into the front tires). We'll see if dollies are paid.

07B8C2ED-2B99-42A2-9549-A05B18DBF7F2_zps
7A253AFD-9F07-43F6-9BFD-7E44D5771071_zps
56113613-E9AE-4510-9C5C-578F75A51764_zps

The Next Day:
Germain, our field manager in Georgia reached out to me this morning to advise me that he also monitors this forum along with Patrick. He assured me the actual mileage and dolly fee have already been processed and approved.

I'm happy to have made this post as this is the exact type of communication most of us towers are looking for from MC's when expressing our grievances. We're only asking to be paid fairly for the services we render. NSD seems to show a genuine interest in finding solutions to better strengthen our relationship. Going forward, I'm personally comforted in knowing I have 2 points of contact when issues arise.

NSD will continue to be the only MC we don't have on CC.

ESC said:
NSD has been the only great motorclub to work with in my opinion. Never an issue. Pay rate is right where I need it to be to provide great service. The faxes are perfect, and include the amount the job is paying up front. Dispatchers always polite. My only complaint is we only hear from them a few times a month at best. I wish they were sending me 50 calls a day.... would be glad to work for them more often.

In Memory of NationalAutow who said:
It is difficult for them to treat you right AND have volume. Club services are customarily sold to the lowest bidder so the clubs that bid the least have the work.

Fortunately a lot of this is changing and NSD sees what is happening. One day, only clubs with a list of quality providers will be doing most of the work. I think NSD is one of those that is clearly looking to the future vs. some others that are your friend for a nickle.

oldwinch said:
it is a shame that clubs only consider pricing when considering giving work all I do is heavy , and some times I get calls when they cant find the cheap guy an when I get there it is a 65-70 year old couple that has been waiting 4-6 hours along side the road in90 degree weather in there motor home with no a/c

Central Towing GA said:
I do feel bad for ederly couples who aren't tech savy enough to search for a local company but in most of these situations we as towers have to remember that sometimes its their CHOICE to sit on the side of the road for an extended period of time. We can't blame MC's for also wanting to make a profit. We can learn from a MC from that standpoint. Their willing to chance negative backlash from the customer because they can't find someone to service the call within their price point. We need to learn to do the same thing regardless of negative backlash from MC or the like....if the call isn't profitable, don't run it. You simply set yourself up with unwanted risk and liability.

Customers who sit on the side of the road for hours on end do not have my sympathy. I understand having RS coverage but what is your time worth??? Google "towing/wrecker/tow truck/roadside service near me" and find a local company and be done with it. Have some accountability for your safety and well being. Don't solely rely on one entity for help.

Archived