Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

More Games from RA

TowZone

02 Mar 2011 20:47

ASAPautomotive said:  tubeyellow.gif

Received a fax from RA today with a, "new vehicle classification addendum" changing the light duty classification to include 11,000 lbs. In other words RA expects us to provide medium duty towing for light duty rates. I simply wrote refused across the bottom of the page, signed and dated it. I also informed them they could cancel my contract if this was not to their liking.
My guess is we won't be bothered with them anymore...

annettemcd said:
Road America is now on my list of motor clubs with less than six jobs per year. Yes, I will answer their calls, but, no, I will not work for their rates.

As far as towing medium duty rigs at light duty rates --That is not going to happen, especially not with most Alaskan rigs which are often 4x4, diesel, crew cab, long bed, beefed-up suspension, over-sized tires, duals on the back, and loaded. (The model of the truck is not a clear indication of the weight and length of the truck.) Unless they can tell me that this is guaranteed to not be the situation, I am dispatching medium-duty equipment and being paid for medium-duty. With jobs that are usually 60-120 miles from us, it does not make sense to try to second guess what equipment is needed.
sigannettemcd.gif

rdonchann said:

I got that too. We are in a rate squabble. I told them what it had to be and they faxed it back to me cut in half. We were getting more than that 30 years ago! Told them to lose my number. It all started with trying to adjust one thing and they cut them all. We are probably done.

GregTowzIt said:
10,001 lbs and up is a CDL tow. that weight on a LD truck is overweight by GVW in most cases.

gtowman said:

You would think that you as the owner of your company set the price or atleast a reasonable rate that both parties can
make work.
BANNER.jpg

rdonchann said:
You used "reasonable" in a motor club forum! Be very careful.

kc8min said:
We (towers) as an industry can CLEARLY confirm that it is a MEDIUM-duty tow due to equipment/weight due to SAFETY and thus, they (Road America) cant just use an addendum to get medium work at light rates...plus, for an addendum to be legally accepted to be enforced, it MUST be accepted AND signed for by BOTH parties.

EKYtow55 said:  tubeyellow.gif
All the Road America dispatches we get : Vehicle Class: Medium Duty GVWR 11,000 this dispatch was dated 8/25/2011 Whats wrong? when they call they always asked for a medium duty tow 11,000 GVWR!!! ( I havn't received anything from them stated such a change)

atrmick said:  tubegreen.gif
Since we live in farm country, most all of the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks we tow are diesel, 4wd with a tool box and a fuel tank. We only tow them under our med duty rate and that is true for all clubs we tow for. If it ever gets to point where they want us to do it as light duty we won't tow them. You have to draw the line somewhere.

DragNTow said:  tubebronze.gif
Today RA issued me a credit card for $100.00 which was declined. After 20 minutes on the phone with them, they issued another card number. They will never know how close they came to having their members vehicle seized!    Happy Haulin...............DragNTow

Archived