Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

From TowTimes.com - Community Support

TowBot

GeriRoskopf.jpg.a71b9a2766e9123d1cd16e1c

From Geri Roshkopf's Blog

My local community has a Facebook page that has been helpful for things like sending out a notification for a missing dog or updates on community events, etc. Recently I read a post from someone asking about a local repair shop.

I wasn’t sure how to read into what this person was asking other than they might have had a bad experience and wanted to know what others thought about the business.

When you live in a small community, word-of-mouth is most often the best advertising you can have.

I know the owners of this small repair shop and was pleased to see the community rally around them. Overwhelmingly positive comments were posted, and the person who originally posted the question finally stated that they got it — the owners were good people and ran a reliable repair shop.

The automotive industry, like the towing and recovery industry, often gets thrown under the bus. Sorry, bad pun. I read an article that listed signs that you’ve found the right auto shop. These signs can also be used for finding a reliable towing company:

People you trust say good things about them.

The shop has the right decals in the window – such as the ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) emblem, or your state and national towing association stickers.

The shop passed an “audition,” or in other words, you’ve created a relationship before there is an urgent job.

The shop has a clean rap sheet – check out the company on the Better Business Bureau’s website – bbb.org.

The shop shows pride in its appearance – employees, shop and trucks.

Technicians communicate well – in language you understand.

Management will stand by its work.

The shop looks out for you, keeping updated with automaker’s technology.

It fits into your life – the shop is nearby, has convenient hours, etc.

Now, more than ever, we need to support our local community businesses. It really does take a village.

bc11bJTlZjE

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com