Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Juan Guzman, 30, Plano, TX, 01.01.06

ForgivenOne

Hit-and-run driver kills wrecker operator in Irving

Juan Guzman, 30, of Plano, Tx was struck and killed Sunday about 5:23 a.m. by a hit-and-run driver while trying to hook up another vehicle to his tow truck in the 400 block of Airport Freeway, near O'Connor Road, according to a police report.

The driver of the passenger car did not attempt to stop, police said. Witnesses described the vehicle as a white sedan, possibly a Chevrolet or Pontiac or similar make, with a tan pinstripe. The right front section of the vehicle was likely damaged.

Guzman worked for Walnut Hill Wrecker Service.

Irving police said Wednesday they have made an arrest in connection with the hit-and-run death of a tow truck driver on New Year's Day.

Charles Lamon Hicks, Jr, 19, of Dallas was arrested Tuesday and faces a charge of manslaughter, police said.

Plano resident Juan Guzman, 30, was loading a vehicle Sunday morning in the 400 block of West Airport Freeway when a car allegedly driven by Mr. Hicks struck him. Mr. Guzman died as a result of his injuries.

Mr. Hicks is being held on $25,000 bond. Police said he may face an additional charge of failure to stop and render aid in connection with the case.

Posted on Wed, Jan. 04, 2006
Dallas man arrested in hit-and-run deathBy DOMINGO RAMIREZ JR.STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITERIRVING - A Dallas man has been arrested in connection with the hit-and-run death Sunday of a wrecker driver, police said.

Police identified the suspect as Charles L. Hicks Jr., 19, who was arraigned Wednesday morning on a charge of manslaughter. He was in the Irving City Jail Wednesday with bail set at $25,000.

Hicks was arrested Tuesday evening at his Dallas home, police said.

Juan Guzman, 30, of Plano, was fatally injured shortly before 5:30 a.m. Sunday by a hit-and-run driver while trying to hook up another vehicle to his tow truck in the 400 block of Airport Freeway near O'Connor Road.

Guzman worked for Walnut Hill Wrecker Service.

Police said they determined Hicks was a suspect by using witness accounts and from physical evidence at the scene.

Wreckerman05 said:
good to hear they caught him--the bond seems alitte low to me-but i wonder sometimes-how they set the bonds-good luck the towing company and family during this bad time--

ibflat2 said:
great news that the suspect was caught now we hope that the courts are fair and justice is served...

Biddy Corgan said:
All things considered, this is some good news. Thanks
Peter

tommytows said:

glad to hear he got caught

michael212 tubegreen.gif said:

Glad to here it. I don't know if I'm just noticing it but lately in our area there have been alot of Hit & Runs with pedestrians and vehicles. Most of them have been Fatals too. I just don't know why they run? They should know sooner or later they get caught up with.
Michael Myers - 253.588.1757 ext 150
sigmichael212.gif

forgivenone said:

I am glad the authorities caught the suspect. That is great news, Hoora!

Originally added to Tow411 in 2006.

Archived