Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tennessee Tow Show

Jerry Riggs

•  
  •  
  • Jerry Riggs
  •  
  •  
  • 1,003 posts

I think they are making a big mistake changing the 2019 dates, they are getting away from the Hall of Fame, and the Tennessee Towing Week.  I think the TTTA needs to step up and be a bigger part of putting on the show, not sitting back and let Tow Times run all of it.  Do the show sponsors want people to look at the changing leaves or buy equipment.

This show was started as a way to give back to the towers.  Friday night band and drinks in the parking lot for the ones that could/would not do the Hall of Fame meet and greet.  It also ws a way to help the Museum by drawing more folks into town.

I think the TTTA might need to talk with American Towmen about taking over the show.  Tow Times has pretty much taken over things it seems to me.

Jerry Riggs

Jerry, there was an agreement signed June 5, 2012 that placed Tow Times dutys to oversee day to day management and operations till June 5, 2042. Tow Times also manages the Museum events I believe and the dates will be the same as the Tow Show. The TTTA annual meeting will be in Chattanooga area in the month of September and not during the Tow Show as the show will be in October this year. I hope this info answers your comments.

Todd Putman

TTTA President

I wonder what the person that signed a 30 year contract was smoking.  The President at that time must not of had the TTTA's benefit at heart.  Must have been Lazy and working with a Lawyer that might have a conflict of interest at that time.  I told everyone when I was voted out that Tow Times would be running things.

Tow Times could care less about the TTTA and only lining there own pockets.  I see the Tennessee show as a way to give back to the towers and both TTTA and Tow Times make money from it.  But when you have a Greedy partner then one gets pooped on.

If I was the President at that time I might have signed for 5 years but not 30, that is NUTS and who ever signed it was/is NUTS, I think at times I could use some of what he was smoking. 

I think I would be trying to find the loop hole to get out of the contract.

Archived