Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Impound

Driver was put out of service, IDOT requested that it be towed. When I got there the officer said didn't they tell you it just needs a driver. Uh no, so we towed it. Not sure I would have done that anyway. Not big on doing that, we are in the towing business not driving someones else's truck,

Resized952020061795112911955032.jpg.71d843bfe01e29e8400ab68c1f0a22f7.jpg

• Like 2

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road

You did it right by towing it and not driving it. I have had PD tell me on impounds before that the driver was the issue, not the truck and to "Just drive it" But how do you justify your charges if you just hop in and drive off? It opens the flood gates for the guy to complain you charged him to tow his truck and you  really didnt. 

As far as what bushwacker said for storage charges, I can see doing that if they came along and only wanted to pick up one or two vehicles off the load but if they came to get the whole rig I dont think I would charge for each piece. I would charge for the apparatus that actually is on the ground ( truck and trailer). I mean, do you charge for every package or pallet inside of a semi you have in storage if it is still in the trailer?

• Thanks 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

I wouldnt charge the same storage rate as say a toyota corolla which would be $50 a day. Here It would be considered a M/D tow and storage situation so it would be $125 a day for the truck and trailer. Unless your handling and storing each individual vehicle then you cant charge per vehicle. They are on a trailer so they are only taking up the room of said trailer. All the rates I just mentioned are regulated by my county/town This being a police impound if it was here those are the rates I would be allowed to charge.

• Like 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE