Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

unstable on an embankment

luigi

2-5-18 Got a call from pd for a suv that had slid off the road about 12ft and is unstable on an embankment, being held up by a tree. It was on a down hill off a busy road, right before an intersection of another very busy road, right at rush hour traffic, hence the quickly fading light. I arrived to find an acura mdx that had slid off the road and hit a tree head on came to a rest on a downed tree. Pd was afraid of the car going over from the tree breaking so I quickly put our spade on and put an immediate line on the drivers side to hold the vehicle so I could get some rigging on the passenger side. I used a vertical sling to act as a "basket" to a high line to support and prevent the car from rolling as I winched it up. 

Once I had the high line on, I attached a snatch block to provide a low pull to avoid and lifting that might tip the car as it came out. The low line did the primary pull while the high line provided more of a support.

To top it off, I had lost my beacons, flood lights, everything on my aux panel that controls my lighting. pd provided road closure and had to use the lights from the rollback that was there for transport. 

20180205_174545.md.jpg

20180205_174551.md.jpg

20180205_174555.md.jpg

20180205_180935.md.jpg

20180205_180447.md.jpg

20180205_180412.md.jpg

Archived