Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Urgent.ly & Allied Dispatch Solutions connected...

TowZone

01 Jun 2016 23:01

Dodgetowguy134 said:

So, I've come to hear from a good friend that Urgently and Allied Dispatch is run by the same people and swap calls back an forth.....I just found this interesting and thought I'd pass it along to the group...

schu said:
the only 2 calls urgent.ly has has offered me where Mercedes warranty calls.

carl4tow said:
I'm getting a lot of calls from Honk for newer Mercedes haven't got a call from Urgently for a long time but Allied calls all the time.

Dodgetowguy134 replied:
Yes, that's correct.

Urgently has the Mercedes roadside & warranty contract....So go tow those high dollar vehicles for pennies per tow, seams reasonable...

Ultimately, it seems that when they can't get someone to accept those calls, they then roll the call over to Allied, to try to get someone to accept the call from that avenue.

From my perspective, towing the Mercedes and other high end vehicles should bring in a higher hook & tow rate, based on the value (and liability exposure to company for servicing the vehicle) and we should be compensated accordingly.

I understand their "basic" pricing structure, which is fine for the run of the mill "average" cars on the road, but I do NOT feel it's acceptable to service the higher end vehicles.

Time will tell where it goes, but I speculate that eventually they will have issues with getting providers to accept the calls for the high end vehicles and one of two things will happen: they will loose the contracts or they will have to pony up a reasonable rate to service those vehicles.

Archived