Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Gradall crane falls off trailer into woods.  

• Platinum Sponsor
5-31-04

Received a call from Mass State Police Dartmouth Barracks to respond immediately to Rte. 24 at Highland Ave in Fall River. The State Police explained that a large excavator type vehicle on steel tracks had rolled over and was down the embankment. Also, the trailer possibly a 35 ton was right across the road blocking the street. The trailer was wheels up and hooked to the heavy 10 wheel dump truck. We responded with two rotators and also with a Volvo HD front end loader, equipped with forks and a HD detachable boom. The Volvo was used to help roll the flatbed trailer on its wheels, and also to recover the steel buckets from the roadside that were ejected when the trailer flipped over. We also used the rotators to lift the Gradall straight up and put it on one of our Landoll TT units. We loaded the buckets back onto the damaged flat bed, and used our ratchet straps to secure them. We then shoveled and swept up the entire area, hooked the damaged trailer to our wrecker, and then loaded our Volvo loader onto the second Landoll trailer and transported it back to our Freetown location.

5a9ee97e.jpg

ea7b1194.jpg

2d39f6ac.jpg

1360fc1b.jpg

549dedd8.jpg

26aa712e.jpg

ac6508e5.jpg

efa5c3d9.jpg

a995da0b.jpg
bigwheelsig.jpg

MTA415 said:
Nice recovery. Looks like a low traffic area which helps alot. That loader really comes in handy don't it.I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand.

BigWheelRecovery replied:
yes it sure is a handy recovery piece thats why we just got 2 new L60E LOADERS FOR OUR RECOVERY OPPERATION THE LOADERS ARE A MUST ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
bigwheelsig.jpg

King Max said:
Nice job again. I sure can see how the loaders are a huge help in heavy recovery.
Nice work.
Bruce6993ef34.jpg

rotator60 said:
Yes you seem to have a big use for the loaders. Great recovery. Thanks for sharing.
Scott Hedgcoth

Archived