Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

From TowTimes.com - You’ve Got a Friend

TowBot

I try to keep the mindset that my glass is half-full but I’ve been kicked in the butt with all that’s going on with the coronavirus and how it’s affected all of us — in every aspect of our lives.

I had a bit of a meltdown the other day when the governor of my state, Wisconsin, announced a stay-at-home policy until April 24. No cars on the road means no business, and my mind raced with so many things: How was I going to keep my towing business and employees not only safe, but able to carry on through the next couple of months?

“I really needed to get it together,” I told myself. “This is a health crisis and everyone has to do their part.”

The power of positive thinking can sometimes sound a little cliché, but I believe it can give you more confidence, improve your mood and help with stress. I began writing down some tips to remind me to keep a positive outlook. I hope they might help you too.

Start the day with a positive affirmation. This sets the tone for the rest of the day. Tell yourself: Today is going to be a good day.

Focus on the good things, however small. We’re all going to face forks in the road, but as towers we are known to take the challenge and focus on what the benefit can be. Helping others is what is needed right now.

Find and experience some laughter and humor. Watching cat videos maybe?

Failures can become great lessons. Don’t beat yourself up, we’re not perfect.

Negative thoughts bring you down further. Turn it back to positive self-talk. Eliminate negativity before it consumes you.

Take deep breaths and focus to stay in the present moment.

Surround yourself with positive people. Your colleagues are going through the same things. Your employees need for you to stay positive.

The last tip reminded me of lyrics from the song “You’ve Got a Friend,by James Taylor and Carole King:

When you’re down and troubled and you need a helping hand … all you’ve got to do is call and I’ll be there … you’ve got a friend. 

Along with the power of positive thinking, don’t underestimate the power of a visit — call that friend.

QxgVOsEoNJ0

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com

We all need more motivation in the Towing Industry. However, we tend to those qualities in general in times of need. I can go on one form of social media and see mainly negativity and fight. On around there is motivation however its general and not directed to any industry. I believe this is the Best Venue for Motivation right here where the Force is Strongest "TowForce".

Anyone that has a video link or something that has offered you motivation recently. Please Share it..... We're all in this together believe it or not. How is not the time to crawl back into a safe place and not become involved. Hey, maybe I should work to motive others starting now. Can I get some mentors along with followers and I hope I can see you at an event after COVID-19 has made it's run. Be Safe Out There and Increase Your Awareness to the Health threat each and Every Day!