Quantcast
  • Signup for TowForce

Sign in to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowZone

In Rememberance of Donnie Cruse WreckMaster Shout Out

In Remembrance of Donnie Cruse who would have turned 75 years today. Seems like just the other day Donnie spoke to me but in fact it was now more than 18 years ago, only 18 months into Tow411. I believe Donnie would have been a Mentor if not a Friend. However, he was taken from us far too soon.

I would like to see the topic become a recognition of the life of Donnie Cruse. Please reply with your WreckMaster Number and Memories of Donnie from those who knew him. I realize we have many that never met Donnie and even fewer that actually knew Donnie. Those who were fortunate enough to really spend time with the man will understand.

Donnie Cruse - WM91001

Ken Cruse - WM91002

Terry Humelsine - WM91003

Mike B - Mike Bower - WM001516 8/9

DAVESTOW -David Washburn - WM040136

Kevtowz - WM120717

Keep it going!

WM120717, I met Donnie in San Jose, CA back in the late eighties or early nineties when I took a class he was teaching for American Towman

I was very lucky to spend time with Donnie. I took a Class from him at Crane’s Towing in Corning NY. That was when Crane’s was painting Donnie’s 950 Holmes Wrecker. It was awesome to walk around the shop as Donnie looked over the truck and of course told his stories. 

I miss the stories

Mike Bower WM 001516 8/9

I never had the honor of meeting Mr.Cruse but my father knew him and spoke very fondly of him. He was a true leader and pioneer of the industry

WM# 001505 8/9 

There are Tow Truck Drivers, Then There is Towing and Recovery operators...... Which one are you??🤨

I went to the week long class in Fayetteville NC in 2002 and I never met Donnie Cruse before that and a man picked me up at the airport and I asked him what his name is and he said Donnie Cruse. I learned a lot that week and when I read the horrible news what happened, I couldn't believe it and felt terrible for his family and friends and co workers.

Stuart Wagner Wreckmaster 6/7A  020104

cjwagner.png

Check out our website at:  www.cjwagnerinc.com

WM 93710    I met Donnie around 1990, earliest training aids I still have are dated 1991 under the name Donnie Cruse Schools/ Videos.  Attended many of his courses and became a friend.  Donnie drove a Volvo diesel back then and I always liked to tease him about his engine choice as I drove gas engine Volvos.

Donnie spoke with a passion and drive for this industry and because of this , to this day I still take training and try to raise the bar in whatever small way that I can.  Thank you for what you did and for what you gave to the industry.

I had the honor to train with Donnie in Fall River, MA and at Rose Ledge in Erving, MA years ago. I can honestly say that the tribute to him to him in Baltimore (year?) at the American Towman Exposition was the first time I cried as an adult. He was quite the presence and a visionary. 

I let my certification expire and can't find my ID# for the life of me. This post brings back fond memories. 

"Take your pen out and stick it in your eye"

See you in the ditch.

Rob  

I took Wreckmaster  2/3 with Mr. Cruse in 1997 or 1998 in Calgary AB. Can't find my number but the thing I remember was that cable was for your TV . Still use the training that I received daily in all my work applications. He had a tough exterior but he really cared about this industry and wanted you to succeed at your profession.   Gone way too soon. See you in the Ditch.  Jeff

3 hours ago, MA Rob said:

I had the honor to train with Donnie in Fall River, MA and at Rose Ledge in Erving, MA years ago. I can honestly say that the tribute to him to him in Baltimore (year?) at the American Towman Exposition was the first time I cried as an adult. He was quite the presence and a visionary. 

I let my certification expire and can't find my ID# for the life of me. This post brings back fond memories. 

"Take your pen out and stick it in your eye"

See you in the ditch.

Rob  

Was that in reference to the pen holder mounted on the sun visor if my memory serves.

I did not know Donnie well, met him a few times in the early to mid 90's. He helped me with my first 2/3 course which was the theory only home study version. I was surprised when I called the office asking for help and they put him on the phone. Always appreciated his drive for professionalism.

WM 991219