Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Identify your biggest threat

For the next thirty days especially, please be hypervigilant as you work the side of the road. Many people are out of work. Here in San Antonio everything is shutting down. Movie theatres, shopping malls, bars and restaurants have been ordered to close. 

That saying that, "Idle time is the devil's workshop" rings true. 

There is a tremendous increase in dwi/dui operators on the road. When there is nothing to do, many turn to alcohol and illegal drugs. 

You are more likely to be struck by an impaired operator in the next 90 days than you are to be afflicted with COVID19. 

Be safe.

Always hug the ones you love, and never hesitate to tell the ones you love how special they are to you!

• Like 2

With bars, clubs, and restaurants (dine-in service, anyway), schools, and many other businesses closed now - most people are home, and not many seem to be visiting others, which is a good thing at least health-wise.  On the other hand, it's made my job doing PPI a bit sketchier.  Definitely an increase in late-night activity on property.  People are restless, bored, angry...fighting/arguing in parking lots, random gunfire, etc.  Then there are just people hanging around by their apartments killing time, then I show up and they become the snitch network, banging on doors and alerting everyone to my presence.  Some management has put their properties "on hold" which is expected and totally understandable.  Others still need enforcement but doing so has become more difficult, and dangerous.

Richard

Edited by someotherplace
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, goodmichael said:

Always hug the ones you love, and never hesitate to tell the ones you love how special they are to you!

By the way, this is probably the best part of your post.  Regardless of how vigilant we are of the dangers of our various roles in this industry, don't lose sight of your personal interactions with loved ones.  We often come and go with the weight of the world on our shoulders.  I try extremely hard to not come home in a crummy mood regardless of how trying the night has been.  My leaving every night includes hugging and kissing my wife, telling her that I love her, and that I'll see her in a little bit (instead of "good-bye".)  When I come home in the morning my rescue cat (from the impound lot) usually greets me, then I proceed in to kiss my wife good morning and then we sit down and visit over breakfast.  It's a routine, but an important one to us.  She's been in the truck with me quite a bit in the past and is very aware of how things can go.

Richard

• Like 1