Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

New the towing network "from 2010"

TowZone

Update 5/10/10 : The Advisor Summer edition includes a feature article with Q & A Go to Towpartners.com to read more. If you are not currently a member of Towpartners I encourage you to take a few moments to do so as this article arrived in my mailbox on Saturday. However, I did not get an opportunity to open it up until this morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/7/2010  New Towing Network Aims to Bring Carriers and Towing Companies Together

Through a partnership between carriers and towing companies, the Towing Network has been launched in an effort to bring greater collaboration and fairer pricing to the towing services available to motor carriers. The new initiative has 20,000 towing members.

The Towing Network, a full-service, national heavy-duty towing and road service dispatch organization, began providing towing services to motor carriers large and small last month.

"We are a company made up of towers supporting towers," said Jeff St. Pierre, president. "At the same time, we know that to be successful, towers need to build positive, lasting relationships with customers. We're going to do just that by providing a quality service for a fair price, sharing a like-minded approach to conducting business and promoting a professional image for the towing community."

According to St. Pierre, the Towing Network's rates are established by a board of towing experts with an average of 25 years of towing industry experience.

Schneider National recently became the first carrier to join the network.

"Standardizing the quality of service and the rates charged is long overdue in the towing community," said Rob Reich, vice president of maintenance operations, Schneider National. "Our drivers deserve top-notch service when there's an accident or disabled equipment. The Towing Network allows us to better support drivers when they need it most."

A nationwide call center in Brunswick, Ohio, is at the heart of the Towing Network's operations. The organization is actively looking for partner towing companies with a solid reputation and the ability to serve large motor carrier customers with heavy-duty towing, recovery and road service services.

For more information on the Towing Network or to become a member, visit www.thetowingnetwork.com

Randall Dawson said:

I received that email also and saw the rate agreement to abide by market pay scale. Who knows , maybe Bob Watson has found a new home. Sounds to much like a clone of Am tow A for me to even consider doing business with. Randy.

EdsTowing said:

I did a dropped rail trailer the other night for a company out of the Chicago area that handles services for the train industry. I asked them about who they were and got some information from the dispatcher. They were providing the service for the chassis company but it had a Schneider container on it. He said that Schneider was their largest customer up to a week ago when they pulled out due to they started their own dispatch company to handle towing & service. It makes me think that maybe Schneider could be backing this company as well? They were a big customer of ATA at one point right? 

Not to sound like a pessimist but it seems like one more guy with his hand in my pocket.....

Tom Jr said:

I dont know anything about this but it sounds like another motor club. The county is in the shape that its in because we have become a service industry country. All we produce at a resonable cost in America is service and the rest is govt jobs. Yesterday I went out to do a jump on a sears van that was parked at a house while the geek squad truck was there along with terminex, Im providing a service there, I had my buddy riding along whos a federal probation officer and we were on out way to meet up with another friend whos a DOT engineer. All this at a house owned by a wall street banker. I dont know about any fancy money and terminexes but this new thing seems like its trying to earn money derived from a towtruck company and we have all seen what derivatives have done to our nations econonomy and industry unless you were watching mtv for the last 8 years and were following chas bonos transformative journey through its adadicktome operations. Unless you pound the pavement and invest shoe leather trying to come up with ways to make a buck, even if it means towing broken down illegal aliens and democrat union teachers, who all use green money, somone will offer you a way to work for less than you deserve.

Archived