Quantcast
  • Signup for TowForce

Sign in to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Arsoncop

New to wrecker trucks

Hello everyone I'm new to the wrecker truck world and the forum.  I just acquired two trucks, a 78 and 79 Ford F350 wreckers. Both from a juck yard. One has a Holmes 440 and the other a Vulcan Industries. My plans are to restore the 78 with the Holmes on it. Not to work this truck just drive around and show it off.

Edited by Arsoncop

No im not selling them, im looking for discussion groups/forums to learn about the older rigs, maybe get parts and expert advice. Did I choose the wrong forum to join ??

no you didn't . i have said it  differently. In here is people in the Towing business new towers asking advice from the old guys mostly..

Can i asked how much you paid for each one?

Edited by TonyDuraTow

This forum will provide you with thousands of years of exerience, knowledge, education, and training. 

Take your time with the restoration. The museum in Chattanooga, Tennessee is a great resource. Post some pics please.

Have a great day.

Welcome. There are PLENTY of people on here that will have great advice and resources for you during your restorations. Spend some time and look through these forums. there are places in here that are geared towards the vintage equipment. I think I can speak for most on here and say we love checking out old school iron. I am curious to see what type of old vulcan you have. The holmes unit will be sweet when you get it done. So stop teasing us and lets see some pics of these beauties !!!! 😃

There are Tow Truck Drivers, Then There is Towing and Recovery operators...... Which one are you??🤨