Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Crash may have involved Tow Truck (MA)

TowNews

02.09.20:

CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – State Police blocked part of Exit 3 on I-391 in Chicopee as they investigated a crash early Sunday morning. 

The road has since reopened.

A 22News crew in the area at the time of the investigation around 5:30 a.m. saw at least four State Police cruisers surrounding a white car near the right lane off-ramp of Exit 3 on 391 in Chicopee. 

Investigators could be seen looking around the area of the crash and a tow truck can also be seen parked nearby. 

It is currently unknown if anyone was seriously hurt or how many people or cars were involved in the crash.

RESOURCE LINK with video

After reading the bad news report of the tow operator killed in Missouri last Firday, I guess the media is having a tough time putting two and two together. A tow truck parked at the scene of a vehicle crash ... Oh No ! ! ! Is it safe to go out? Perhaps the tow truck was witness to the white car crashing into the wall, or, maybe they were called there to begin with? Could have been involved? May have been involved? Why report it at all if there aren't details? Slow news week I guess.    R.

Randall C. Resch

I am going to say the Tow Truck was not involved and simply there either by request or in the area. The news reporting varies from area to area and station to station. I have even found attempting to follow reports of incidents on FB results in far too much misinformation.

Ron ... did you see the multitude of Facebook posts that chastised the Missouri media because the news initially reported the person struck was referred to as a, "pedestrian"? People who aren't in the business of emergency services, or, they don't know what the reporting process is about, have plenty to say out of their personal opinions.     R. 

Randall C. Resch

Pedestrian, Tow operator, Guy on the side of the road whats the difference?? I am sure the victim doesnt care if he is incorrectly titled..Bottom line is that a man is dead, a family is tragically altered and the business he worked for is wounded emotionally and financially possibly forever. Why does society always seem to focus on the insignificant items of a tragic incident?? 

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE